Wednesday, November 12, 2008

ABC Wednesday - Q for Quintet

Had been to this concert showcasing the upcoming musicians. This Quintet played Indian classical music and a mix or fusion too of Western and Indian classical music. Chirag is the musician in the centre playing the Sitar, Ninad playing the flute or Bansuri as it is called in Hindi, on the percussion instrument the 'tabla' is Ojas, keyboards - Joel and Manoj on the drums. They played very well indeed.
Have posted a short video clip on the side bar of his performance.
For more interpretations of the letter Q from around the world please click here

13 comments:

  1. I had to look up for the meaning of Quintet. You have used the word well for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. A new word for me. Wonderful photo of the musical progamme and unique choice once again for ABC Wednesday.
    Thanks for visiting MDS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect choice for the letter Q. Now why didn't I think of that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever Q ESPECIALLY since it is a real Indian quintet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would enjoy that music. I still have a Fusion concert I recorded off the radio in about 1989. Used to have a Shankar tape also.
    Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I beleive you should have posted more photographs of this concert...I am a huge fan of Indian music....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good one for "Q"!

    "Louis" likes the sunset in the post below, too! He hasn't been able to visit as much recently - he's been very busy opening his own espresso shop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it just me or does a drum kit and a synthesizer look out of place in this setting? Somehow I can't get my head around a raga played on an electronic keyboard.

    Maybe it's just me. I guess all things adapt to their time, na?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even though I grew up in the 60s, and had my first intro to some traditional Indian instruments through the Beatles and other rock groups, I didn't discover classical and modern fusion Indian music until more recently - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am QUITE late this week visiting your blog.
    I was feeling QUEASY yesterday.


    Bear((( )))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really great Q idea! Loved it! They did play well!

    ReplyDelete